My Mental Health Story

Hello, everyone. As you may know it is Mental Awareness Week.

This is me telling my story about my own mental health story. I have anxiety and panic attacks. Mental health is something that is near and dear to my heart. As someone that has suffered from anxiety and panic attacks, I know what it is like to experience something that is constantly scrutinized. Also, from the perspective of someone studying a health care profession, it is serious. Since I was a young child, I have always consumed and overthought every single thought I had. It was something that I hated but as I grew older, I began to live my life this way. As a young child, I was the one that stayed behind, who never really wanted to do anything because I was afraid of getting a panic attack. As I have grown, I have done things that have made more memories and have made me happier. Granted, there have been numerous times where I have felt that everything I have done has gone to nothing and there is no turning back from that. However, there is. The hardest part when having anxiety is beginning the journey of things that include love, acceptance, and adventure. In the beginning, you may feel like you are alone and not one person can relate to how you are feeling (I still get this way sometimes) and that people have a better life than you do. Everyone has something going on, even if they may not mention it or look like it. Please do not feel afraid or shameful to speak your mind about having anxiety/panic attacks. It has taken a great deal for me to post this. Speak up, spread awareness. Grab your mental health by its horns and take control of it. Although I may still feel alone, I have gotten better at controlling my anxiety and limiting the amount of panic attacks I have.

I am proud to spread the word about mental awareness week and I hope you can be too.


<3 That Autumn Girl

Comments

  1. You've been brave opening up about this. I am the same in always overthinking things and it's something that you just can't help. It's great that you are taking control of it. This post will help others going through the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathryn! You are absolutely wonderful!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

19 Things I Learned at 19

Liebster Awards: Get To Know New Bloggers

Beauty Products I am Loving Right Now