19 Things I Learned at 19

Hello everyone! Hope your day is well! I have decided to write this post as a reflection. I am deeply saddened by the attack at Manchester Arena. My heart, thoughts, and prayers are with every single person involved in that attack.

I decided to write this because since seeing what has happened on TV and on social media, it has made me think about the things I have learned at 19 years old.

1. Always carry money. (You never know what you will use it for.)
2. Use your camera. (Whether on your phone or an actual camera, take pictures of everything. They are precious memories.)
3. Answer your phone when you're parents call. (They just want to see what you are doing, if you are okay, or if you need anything. Don't hate them for doing this, they are the reason you are here today.)
4. Open your mind. (Open your mind to new things, you never know, you may like those new things.)
5. Open your hands. (Open your hands. Someone may need help getting up.)
6. Take a stand. (Be gentle, but loud.)
7. Wearing black will always make you feel great about your body. (My mom does this all the time.)
8. Always give a tip. (Tips help people.)
9. Smile. (Smiling helps me remember memories.)
10. Embrace change. (Change is the only thing in life that is constantly changing, really. It will never stop, and you should embrace it. Change can be good.)
11. Body image means absolutely nothing. (Love yourself because that body you have was given to you and you should protect it at all costs.)
12. Holding a grudge sets you back. (It makes one think of the worst things about a person. Don't hold a grudge because it will keep you in the past. The best thing you can do is forgive and move on. Don't let a person's actions keep you from doing the things you want to do.)
13. Cranberry juice heals. (The owner of the store of the store I work in swears by this. I can never drink cranberry juice without laughing.)
14. Sing loud in the car. (Create a playlist if you have to.)
15. Write your feelings down. (This may sound cliche in every way but write them down, tear up the paper, and throw it away.)
16. He is not the one. (You think he's the one because your paths keep crossing and he is always coming back, but he's not the one. Love yourself and slay.)
17. Always carry a charger with you.
18. Stop crossing oceans for people who would not even jump puddles for you.
19. Do things for yourself. (It is okay to put yourself first.)



Now, these are just some of the main things I have learned at 19 years old. Things can rapidly change in one year. Sometimes I forget to do these things and this is no way in me telling you to do these things, you live your life in the way you do. #yougogirlorboy


<3 That Autumn Girl

Comments

  1. loved this! wise words that I'm sure most of us can take note from! Kirsty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post! Indeed, when horrific things happen, it is good to take a step back and look at what we're grateful for and how much we've grown. Sounds like you certainly have learned a lot at 19 years!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have learned a lot! Thank you reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. I loved reading this as a fellow 19 year old. Your point about always picking up the phone to your parents is something I have learned at university - moving away makes you realise how important they are! Also, your point about body image is a lesson everyone should definitely learn, we are all beautiful and we should all love ourselves! Hope you have a great week, I look forward to reading more of your posts x x

    https://freyameadows.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Freya! I am so glad you enjoyed this post. It took me sometime to post this because I did not know how to approach something like this. I have definitely learned a lot. You are so wonderful and I can't wait to read more posts from you! Have a great week, as well!

      Delete
  4. Awww I love this, such lovely advice! Your blog is so beautiful too, such a pretty name :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth! You are so sweet! I am going to go read yours, it is so pretty!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this list. Some of these I didn't learn until I was older than 19, some of these I may never learn. I love wearing black. I always tip (people who rely on tips usually work tough jobs). And I've learned to love my body, even though it is far from perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lauren! I am glad you read it! The wearing black thing is something I encounter with my mom practically everyday. I wish I could wear more black but my dogs hair is literally everywhere and no matter how hard I try to get it all off, there's some somewhere.

      Delete
  7. This is a lovely post. I wish I was as wise as you at 19. I'm 21 and still learning.

    www.loubeeloublogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Louisa! I have learned a lot and I hope I remember them at 21!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Liebster Awards: Get To Know New Bloggers

Beauty Products I am Loving Right Now